October 17 in Commons Hall, 8:30 a.m. - noon
Why church membership? The term church membership, as we define it is not a biblical term; however, the concept definitely is biblical. Church membership is the mutual acceptance and commitment of the church body to the individual and the individual to the church body. Church membership is an expression of our commitment to Christ and to his church.
Church membership expresses:
• Our willingness to submit to Christ by placing ourselves under the church’s authority, where we find protection for our souls.
• Church membership allows us to participate fully in the life, leadership, fellowship and direction of the church.
• Church membership identifies us with God’s people, increases our effectiveness and heightens a sense of belonging.
• Is an expression of our gospel commitment and loyalty to Christ and his people.
What the Bible says about the benefits of church membership:
• It identifies a person as genuine believer (Eph 2:19; Rom 12:5).
• It provides a spiritual family to support and encourage people in their walk with Christ (Gal 6:1-2; Heb 10:24-25).
• It gives people a place to discover and use their gifts in ministry (I Cor 12:4-27).
• It places them under the spiritual protection of godly leaders (Heb 13:7; Acts 20:28-29).
• It gives them the accountability they need to grow (Eph 5:21).
If you have never registered for an event at College Church, please click on "Create New Account". After you have created your account you will be able to proceed with this registration. If you do not get a confirmation email, you have not successfully registered.
If you have questions before registering, please contact Christy Chiodras at email@example.com, or call her at 630-668-0878, ext. 175. If you are ready to register, please sign in or create your account.